Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmahns

If my son gets insurance through the marketplace and I can declare him as a dependent, are the premiums deductible for me?

My son is disabled and I pay his premiums. His 1095-A column B values are 0.00 but TurboTax is looking for a value larger than 0.00 before continuing.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

If my son gets insurance through the marketplace and I can declare him as a dependent, are the premiums deductible for me?

If you have nothing reported in column B of the 1095-A you must get that amount from the ACA ... without a non zero amount you cannot move forward.  

What is SLCSP?

SLCSP stands for Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan, which is the second-lowest priced health insurance plan in the Silver category that was available when you applied for insurance at Healthcare.gov or your state’s Health Insurance Marketplace.

It's the standard used to calculate your Premium Tax Credit, even if you're on a different plan.

In most cases, you’ll find your SLCSP premium on your 1095-A in column B. You can use the Health coverage tax tool to get your SLCSP if it’s not on your 1095-A.

Related Information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies