n-smith-

If my husband and I file jointly will it affect either of our credit scores?

KiaraE

The only way that your credit score could possibly be affected is if you owe taxes. Since the IRS is an agency of the federal government, there are procedures in place that protect your credit score from being tarnished just because you owe taxes.

The amount of tax you owe is a significant factor in determining whether your credit score will be affected. This is because your credit is only affected once the IRS files a Notice of Federal Tax Lien in court. But the IRS won’t do this unless the amount you owe exceeds a certain threshold. A tax lien can give the federal government a legal claim to every asset you own—including your home, your cars, or other property. And if it reduces your credit score, it can become more difficult for you to obtain credit in the future.

From: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-payments/video-does-owing-the-irs-affect-your-credit-score/...

KiaraE