Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I was incarcerated in Indiana from Dec 26th 2022 until Jan 25th 2023, then I don't have to prove I've maintained health insurance coverage the year of 2023, correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I was incarcerated in Indiana from Dec 26th 2022 until Jan 25th 2023, then I don't have to prove I've maintained health insurance coverage the year of 2023, correct?

From what you posted you only had coverage for one month of 2023. 

December 2022 to January 2023 is only a month.   Is that what you really meant?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

And.....why are you asking about this?  There is not a federal requirement to have health insurance now.

States with health insurance mandates

In addition to Washington D.C., there are five states that require health insurance. After the Obamacare individual mandate was repealed, there were several states that decided to require people to have health insurance on their own.

These include:

• New Jersey
  • Vermont
  • California
  • Rhode Island
  • Massachusetts 
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies