Solved: If I use the download for Home and Business will the format be the same as last year? In other words I want to be able to see the previous year's data in the left column

If I use the download for Home and Business will the format be the same as last year? In other words I want to be able to see the previous year's data in the left column

I have used and like the double column format of the home and business product but when I tried the new self employment (online) product I don't have this.  If I buy the old version as a download can I import last year's tax file so that I see both columns?

Solved using the FAQ 

If you used the download version of Home and Business last year, then you hopefully have the *.tax2015 data file on your computer or backup media.    The online Self-Employed Edition will not know anything about your 2015 desktop return unless you upload the *.tax2015 file into your online return to transfer the 2015 information.  That should show you the 2 columns.  We can tell you how to do that if you wish.

If you buy desktop 2016 software of Home and Business, it is pretty much the same as last year.  You can transfer the *.tax2015 data file from last year if you have it into a new 2016 desktop return.  Then it should show you the 2 columns.

If you've used desktop Home and Business in the past, you may not like the online version as much.  IMO, the desktop software is a better product, has the advantage of Forms Mode for direct viewing/editing forms (which online does not have), and includes a state program (a state return in online Self-Employed is an additional 39.99.)   Printing/archiving is also easier in the desktop software.

Thanks for the quick reply but no, I've been using home and business online for probably 10 years. I can see my returns online dating back to 2004.  Not sure what to do, this is recreating the wheel w/o that last year's column to guide me. Thx!

You probably have this glitch they are working on
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124811">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124811</a>

Awesome VolvoGirl, that was spot on!!  Thank you so much for the answer!  The import/upload ran successfully and now a few minutes into it I can tell, already looking better! Many many thanks!

You got it to work?  You downloaded the .tax2015 file and you got it transferred back into the online version?  You're the first person I heard that worked for.

I did, the link you sent was absolutely the answer. It took all of 5 minutes to be back where it should have been.  I'm all the way into Income for Fed Taxes and my old stuff is there, items that had not been there 1 hr ago, it is good so far. I stopped typing for a minute to advance a few screens and yes, this absolutely worked, I now also see dollar values in the 2015 column.  You still get a big THANK YOU 🙂

Solved using the FAQ