Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I signed up to pay my preparation fee to turbo tax through my refund and the Internal Revenue Service kept my refund how do I pay my Fee

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichaelMc

If I signed up to pay my preparation fee to turbo tax through my refund and the Internal Revenue Service kept my refund how do I pay my Fee

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

1. We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Pay With My Refund fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Pay With My Refund fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

The same sequence of events occurs if the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date, except that we'll also debit the Pay With My Refund fee (if any) in Step 3.

How do you justify debiting my account?

Where is my refund turbo tax did not deposit it

Where is my refund

Once your return has been accepted (received) by the government, they take over the refund status update duties, since they hold the purse strings. The status in TurboTax will remain as "accepted."

Check the IRS Where's My Refund site for the latest word on your federal tax refund, and your state government's refund lookup service for your state’s status.

Does this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool say your funds have actually been sent?
http://www.irs.gov/Refunds

IF SO >>>

Were you having the refund direct deposited to your bank account directly ?

If the IRS has actually sent the funds, the IRS FAQ page says to allow "up to 5 days" due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.

If so did you enter the correct routing & account number for an ACH transfer ?  Here is how you can see your deposit information:

Your direct deposit information will be at the bottom of your Form 1040.

To view your 1040 after filing, Sign into TurboTax Taxes > Tax Timeline > Some other things you can do Download/print (.pdf)

Please see the following FAQ article below if you entered in the wrong bank account information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901677

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies