aspenn21

If I pay for ones Health Insurance as well as my own through my work how can I claim those costs on my taxes?

JulieR

Yes. You may deduct the out-of-pocket costs (not paid through your payroll deductions) for health insurance premiums to insure yourself, your spouse, and your dependents if you itemize your deductions on Schedule A of your return. You will need to upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe Edition if you decide to itemize your deductions rather than choosing the take the standard deduction, in which case you may still use the free edition.

The following TurboTax FAQ explains how to claim medical expenses (if you itemize your deductions). https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4774888 

[Edited 03.18.2019 | 5:10 PM pst]

JulieR

[Edited 03.18.2019 | 5:10 PM pst]

JulieR

Answer updated to provide further clarification.