Solved: If I migrate from turbotax self-employed to turbot...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rs3457

If I migrate from turbotax self-employed to turbotax IRS free- file, will my data carry over?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieS
Expert Alumni

If I migrate from turbotax self-employed to turbotax IRS free- file, will my data carry over?

Try logging into your return from the link below. If you are eligible for Free File, your return will be converted.

Click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Employee Tax Expert

No. To downgrade, you must clear and start over. 

To do this in TurboTax:

• from the left menu, select Tax Tools
  • Clear & Start Over
rs3457

That is ridiculous since it's the same software. I've been a loyal Turbotax customer for years and this seems like terrible customer service to me. Let me know if there is a way to transfer the data. Otherwise I will not be using Turbotax again and will notify all of my friends, family, and company to get off this software too. 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Try logging into your return from the link below. If you are eligible for Free File, your return will be converted.

Click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings