Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I’m a independent contractor, with a food delivery app and I only made 70$, do I have to file taxes ?

I work for Doordash and only made 70$ this year do I have to file taxes ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I’m a independent contractor, with a food delivery app and I only made 70$, do I have to file taxes ?

If you do not have other income to report, then no, you do not need to file taxes to just report that $70.

If you are filing a tax return to report other income, then yes, you will need to include it on your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi everyone,

I think this is a very important topic for independent contractors who work for food delivery apps like Doordash. It's necessary to understand whether or not or not you want to file taxes if you've solely earned a small amount of money.

As some distance as I know, if you've solely made $70 this year and you do not have any other earnings to report, then you don't want to file taxes just to file that amount. However, if you have other profits to report and you are filing a tax return, then you will need to consist of the $70 as well.

It's always a exact idea to test with a tax professional or do your personal research to make certain you're following the right guidelines for submitting taxes as an independent contractor. It can be a bit confusing, however it's vital to do it correctly to keep away from any penalties or legal issues.

On a associated note, I recently got here across an article on the net called "Zero-Waste Apps of the Future: Explore" which talks about the significance of reducing waste in our day by day lives, including meals waste. I think this is a genuinely interesting and necessary topic, especially for these of us who use food shipping apps regularly.

Let's all do our part to minimize waste and make the world a better place!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies