Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I have more than one fund listed on my 1099-DIV, do I report the totals (eg. add together both rows in box 1a) or do I report these funds separately?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

If I have more than one fund listed on my 1099-DIV, do I report the totals (eg. add together both rows in box 1a) or do I report these funds separately?

Because all of the funds are on one Form 1099-DIV you can enter the combined total for each box number/column.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Because all of the funds are on one Form 1099-DIV you can enter the combined total for each box number/column.

agreese22

What if the Payer's TIN is different for each fund listed on the 1099-DIV?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

There is only one Payer's TIN field on form 1099-DIV.    @agreese22 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My 1099-DIV lists six payers. Six funds each with a different payer. Doesn't look anything like the picture you posted. Does that mean they can't be totaled together?

On my form there is also no mention of the payer name, only their TIN. Turbotax is telling me the payer field must have alpha characters. What do I do in this case?

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you received one Form 1099-DIV, with the separate fund items all totaled in the boxes, then you can enter just one Form 1099-DIV in TurboTax. If TINs and amounts are separated, then enter them as separate Forms 1099 The TurboTax user entries don't include the payer TIN for dividends. You would want to enter the form and amounts so the it/they will match what the issuer reported to the IRS.

You could add the word "Payer" to a TIN in the payer name field in order to have alpha characters.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies