Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I entered one extra number in my acct number for direct deposit but have used the same bank acct number previously will turbo tax catch it or will it get rejected

If it’s only one extra number and I’ve used the same acct number for direct deposit before will turbo tax catch it and fix it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If I entered one extra number in my acct number for direct deposit but have used the same bank acct number previously will turbo tax catch it or will it get rejected

Turbotax doesn't do that kind of checking (although some have suggested that it should say "you are using a different number, are you sure?").  So the deposit will likely be bounced back from your bank, resulting in the IRS mailing a paper check to your mailing address on your tax return.

stinkerpot
Returning Member

It isn't showing up on my mobile Bank up yet I called bank yesterday it hasn't posted yet it says it was sent is there anyway I can stop & fix this by calling the IRS calling the bank institution again this morning give them a heads up caint TurboTax do something it will be to late later this morn 911 PLEASE help me

brinaluvsralph11
Returning Member

I entered one number wrong on my acct number I need to fix it 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies