Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I don't have my w2 yet but enter my employer's FED IN number can I file my taxes or do I have to wait for my w2? I filed with turbotax last year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I don't have my w2 yet but enter my employer's FED IN number can I file my taxes or do I have to wait for my w2? I filed with turbotax last year.

You need to wait for your W-2. There is no rush because the IRS will not begin to process returns until at least Jan 23. There is absolutely no advantage to filing before that date.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You need to wait for your W-2. There is no rush because the IRS will not begin to process returns until at least Jan 23. There is absolutely no advantage to filing before that date.

You have to wait for the W-2.  Your  EIN is not enough to enter your income to your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies