Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I do not sign the Disclosure Consent form, will I still be protected during an audit? I would rather not allow my personal information to be released unless it needs to be

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

If I do not sign the Disclosure Consent form, will I still be protected during an audit? I would rather not allow my personal information to be released unless it needs to be

Why cant i signed the disclosure condent form
peter-pan2
Returning Member

I did not sign before , I want to sign the consent now. Help me to do it to have the service from IDNotify and CSIdentify Co.

The consent form is just to be offered certain services later, like getting your refund on a card or paying your fees with your refund.  It may seem silly, but Turbotax can't offer you those services unless you officially give it permission to "know" about your tax refund status.  Otherwise, your tax return info is considered private.

The wording is misleading: "Read and accept this Disclosure Statement. This is an IRS requirement." And we can't seem to return to this section to withdraw consent.

this whole description is elusive, because he should have stated whether  or not you can receive your refund regardless of how you want it processed. So if i want direct deposit do i have to still sign the
form?
KLLarso1

Did you find out of this is necessary to get direct deposit for a refund?
holly4774

Still wondering myself. Not a very good super user.

No you don’t need to consent and you can still direct deposit.

It is not necessary to consent.  I think they try to trick you into doing it. Why would they need a consent that is good for 3 years just so they can offer you options later.  I think the very next question after I “didn’t agree” was how do I want to receive my refund.

Jane45

Do I need to sign the consent form to have Turbo tax do the e-file for me?

@Jane45 wrote:

Do I need to sign the consent form to have Turbo tax do the e-file for me?

No.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies