Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I completed my state and federal charged on 4/23/24 and was charged, why wouldn't I receive an email saying my taxes have been accepted?

I completed taxes and paid.  Will i get an email stating they've been accepted?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I completed my state and federal charged on 4/23/24 and was charged, why wouldn't I receive an email saying my taxes have been accepted?

Paying is not the last step.  After paying, did you continue ahead to the end screen in the File section and click the big orange "Transmit Returns Now" button?

If so, the screen should have said it was submitted, and then you should have gotten an email that the return was submitted and is "pending."   But occasionally one might not get the email.   And 24-48 hours after that first one (or sooner) one should get a second email saying if the return was accepted or rejected.  I myself for unknown reasons have failed to get the emails a couple of times over the years.  You can check by another method below:

Check your spam/junk email folders to see if the emails ended up there, or at other email addresses you may have.   Also,  log back into Online TurboTax.  What is shown at the Tax Home?    Does it say your return is accepted, rejected, printed, started, incomplete, or what?

How to check your efile status
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/check-e-file-status/L9...

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc. What does it say?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies