Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I buy TurboTax deluxe at the store it includes Fed Tax and State Tax with only Federal E-File included. When I File here online there is a $39 fee for the state return

So I'm charged $39 to E-file my state return? I'll just buy the CD and mail it in myself unless someone can explain this $39 charge????
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If I buy TurboTax deluxe at the store it includes Fed Tax and State Tax with only Federal E-File included. When I File here online there is a $39 fee for the state return

I think you figured it out.

The fee for the online versions of TT include only the Federal return.  There is a charge ($39 I believe) for each state added on; that charge includes free efiling for that state.

The fee for the CD/Download versions (Deluxe and above) usually include one free state download.  Be sure the version you buy says that on the box if you are buying from the store.  That free state does NOT include efiling for the state (except for NY).  There is an extra charge for efiling the state return.  But printing out the state return and mailing it in costs nothing extra (that's what I do).

That's just crazy!! Online version needs to have the options that are available to me in buying the product instead of using the Online version. There is NO option to do that, (E-File my Fed and Print my State return).

That's HOW THEY GET YOU!! I'm not impressed.

As a side note!!! It was reported in the WSJ of a $25 rebate for those of us forced into the Deluxe version last year.

http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/2015/01/22/turbotax-users-get-an-apology-and-25-each/

I see that offer is now gone! when the deadline to claim it is April 20th... Nice huh? TurboTax you're working on me to find a replacement product here !!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies