turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If i bought deluxe turbotax and downloaded it and did my tax return on laptop why is there no log out on this and why cant i see return if log onto wegsite?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

If i bought deluxe turbotax and downloaded it and did my tax return on laptop why is there no log out on this and why cant i see return if log onto wegsite?

You are using desktop software, which is different from the Online software.   When you use desktop software, your tax return is saved to your computer, not on the TurboTax servers.  There is no logout button because you not working online.  If you are using a shared computer, you have the ability to password protect your tax returns, but if you are using your own computer, there probably is no need to do that.  

It is the same software, but you have a lot more control using the desktop software.  You also have Forms Mode which is not available when you use the online program.  You can also prepare as many tax returns as you want and e-file up to 5 returns with your one purchase.  If you use online, you pay for each return separately and the costs can add up quickly if you prepare multiple returns.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Please do not attach any personal information here; this is a public forum and everyone can see it.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You are using desktop software, which is different from the Online software.   When you use desktop software, your tax return is saved to your computer, not on the TurboTax servers.  There is no logout button because you not working online.  If you are using a shared computer, you have the ability to password protect your tax returns, but if you are using your own computer, there probably is no need to do that.  

It is the same software, but you have a lot more control using the desktop software.  You also have Forms Mode which is not available when you use the online program.  You can also prepare as many tax returns as you want and e-file up to 5 returns with your one purchase.  If you use online, you pay for each return separately and the costs can add up quickly if you prepare multiple returns.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies