turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sami814410
Returning Member

If I am using my paypal cash plus account for my direct deposit information, what should I write when it asks for "Name of Bank" ? just paypal or ???

I have the routing and account number for my direct deposit, its already set up and I have  the debit card, however paypall uses wells fargo as simply a "holdings" entity so im not sure if i should just write paypal or if i should put wells fargo

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

If I am using my paypal cash plus account for my direct deposit information, what should I write when it asks for "Name of Bank" ? just paypal or ???

PayPal uses Wells Fargo as the bank name, so you should use that as well. 

The link provided explains in greater detail:

PayPal link

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

It is not clear that your "PayPal Cash Plus Account" operates in the same manner as a traditional bank account - you should  to contact PayPal to verify their ability to accept and credit a direct deposit of your IRS refund.

As you stated, PayPal uses "Wells Fargo" as a "holdings account". It is unclear whether the ABA routing number and account number you have will, by themselves, be uniquely identified as belonging to you. 

From the PayPal website:

"... funds held in U.S. Dollars (USD) in your PayPal Cash Plus balance will be deposited by PayPal into one or more custodial accounts that we have set up at FDIC-insured banks. Presently, we deposit all of those funds into an account at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., but we can move the funds to custodial accounts at other FDIC-insured banks chosen by us at any time and without notice."

sami814410
Returning Member

I currently receive my unemployment direct deposits to that same account and routing number, without issue, I'm not worried about if it will work, I just want to make sure I am putting the correct institutions name down for the name of the bank so as to avoid any payment delays. 

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

PayPal uses Wells Fargo as the bank name, so you should use that as well. 

The link provided explains in greater detail:

PayPal link

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sami814410
Returning Member

I think you're right. I just looked up my routing number because it is an aba routing number and it came back as being associated with wells fargo banks in california. Thank you !

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies