Solved: If I am a Realtor that acts as an independent contractor, am I able to write off the fees that I have to pay a broker on every transaction I do?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

If I am a Realtor that acts as an independent contractor, am I able to write off the fees that I have to pay a broker on every transaction I do?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

If I am a Realtor that acts as an independent contractor, am I able to write off the fees that I have to pay a broker on every transaction I do?

Yes.  That would be deductible in your line of work.  There is an entry on the Schedule C for Commissions and Fees.  These payments qualify.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

Yes.  That would be deductible in your line of work.  There is an entry on the Schedule C for Commissions and Fees.  These payments qualify.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you very much.  We asked in class, but the answer was not very straight forward.  I don't think the instructor knew...
Highlighted
Employee Tax Expert

You're welcome.
Privacy Settings