If all turbotax software updates are current and I have been charged the filing fee, why won't turbotax transmit my 2016 tax forms?

baileyjanjan

It keeps telling me there is an available update to my software which I must get before the forms can be transmitted.  Everytime I check for updates it says my turbotax software version is current.  You/ve already debited my account the fee for filing.

lynnphan

I searched through some older questions and found this:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901192-manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-deluxe...

I manually updated Turbo Tax on my computer (after trying the online update and it was already current but still wasn't transmitting my return after taking my money).

It worked like a charm. Good luck!