turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rob F

If a self-employed TT (Home & Biz) user is not going to have TT check the return, then is it necessary to upload tax documents (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, etc.) to TurboTax?

I'm a first time TT user. I see all the references to importing tax documents in the wizard -- which I assume is about TT reading this data into the Form 1040 -- and I'm just not sure if this is something I need to concern myself with or not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If a self-employed TT (Home & Biz) user is not going to have TT check the return, then is it necessary to upload tax documents (1099-MISC, 1099-INT, etc.) to TurboTax?

You can choose to import them or type in the information yourself. The information must be entered on the tax return in some manner but it doesn't matter which way. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can choose to import them or type in the information yourself. The information must be entered on the tax return in some manner but it doesn't matter which way. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies