Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrphotogs
Returning Member

I worked on my 2018 return and saved the file. I opened Turbotax and now it doesn't recognize the file. ANy advice? I don't want to start over because it's amost done.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I worked on my 2018 return and saved the file. I opened Turbotax and now it doesn't recognize the file. ANy advice? I don't want to start over because it's amost done.

What happens?  Any error code or message?  Are you trying to open the file ending in .tax2018 in the Desktop program?

Did you get the program installed again ok?  After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN)

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

Anonymous
Not applicable

online preparation is now closed.  you need a desktop version of the software and download the .tax file to your computer to finish.    

mrphotogs
Returning Member

VolvoGirl, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

I started a new return, just added my name, saved the file and then went to open a file and the 2018 file was right there amd opened perfectly. You're the best!

Marty

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies