Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kale7856
Returning Member

I worked as a freelancer with US and Global clients - what do I put on my 1099 -NEC? It's asking for a payer's EIN to be responsible for all earnings, which they weren't?

I have one client's EIN but I am worried if I put theirs down it will account all earnings for the year under their name as there's no itemized EIN number area and majority of my clients are from different countries. But it won't let me file without adding an EIN. What should I do?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I worked as a freelancer with US and Global clients - what do I put on my 1099 -NEC? It's asking for a payer's EIN to be responsible for all earnings, which they weren't?

Actually you can just enter it as Other self employment income or as Cash or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099NEC or 1099Misc or 1099K.  Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

How to enter income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

Kale7856
Returning Member

Thank you! Yes, that's what I thought but upon review before filing it TurboTax keeps looping me back to fill in a random 1099-NEC. Not even sure where it's coming from - it seems like a glitch because it shouldn't be requesting a 1099-NEC under 'Other Income'?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies