turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I work for Lyft and Uber and they both say I don't qualify for a 1099. I made $14,416.32 with them. What do I do?

I can't get a 1099 from either Uber or Lyft. I made $5,145.12 from Lyft plus $118.72 in misc. From Uber I made $9,152.48. Neither company will send me a 1099. What do I do about my income as far as filing taxes goes? I also had a lot of expenses.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I work for Lyft and Uber and they both say I don't qualify for a 1099. I made $14,416.32 with them. What do I do?

You do not need a 1099 to report your income from Uber or Lyft.  All of your income and all of your expenses get reported on Schedule C.  In TurboTax, all of this gets entered in the ''Self-Employment'' section.  In the self-employment income section, there is a place for 1099-MISC income and underneath, there will be another place for ''Other self-employed'' income.  You can report any income not reported on a 1099-MISC under Other self-employed income.  See this article for more information on what additional expenses you can deduct from your Ridesharing income.  Tips for Uber, Lyft, Juno and Other Drivers

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You do not need a 1099 to report your income from Uber or Lyft.  All of your income and all of your expenses get reported on Schedule C.  In TurboTax, all of this gets entered in the ''Self-Employment'' section.  In the self-employment income section, there is a place for 1099-MISC income and underneath, there will be another place for ''Other self-employed'' income.  You can report any income not reported on a 1099-MISC under Other self-employed income.  See this article for more information on what additional expenses you can deduct from your Ridesharing income.  Tips for Uber, Lyft, Juno and Other Drivers

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies