lucasbuck14

I was Sent a $5000 city income tax bill. It feels like a scam. Could you help me verify ?

Sorry, no one can verify a tax bill you received from a city.

You should contact the city tax department to verify the bill you received.

Mike9241

do not call the phone number on the bill since you may end up talking to scammers. Search the web for the phone number of the department issuing the bill.

In most cases, TurboTax can’t prepare city tax returns.  TurboTax can prepare city returns for New York City, and about 1/3 the cities on Ohio that use a shared system.  You can check your city web site to see what your tax obligations are, and you can download the forms and check your taxes yourself.  You may owe several years worth if you haven’t been filing.