ojack1109

I was not able to claim my daughter as a dependent for she hasn't lived with us. However, she's a student in college. Is my daughter still considered as a non-dependent?

Hal_Al

She may still be your dependent. It depends on the details of "hasn't lived with us".  A student away at college is considered to only be temporarily absent, from the parents' home, For tax purposes, she is considered still residing with you. This is true even if she is living off campus.
KatrinaB

No, she will not be listed as a nondependent child on your return. If she doesn't qualify as your dependent and is filing on her own, then you do not list her on your return. The only way a child can be claimed as a nondependent child is if the custodial parent has allowed the noncustodial parent to claim the child.