turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was charged 2 times on my Fed tax using TurboTax automation. The $ was withdrawn from my bank account but only the amt due shows up on the IRS portal. help resolve.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I was charged 2 times on my Fed tax using TurboTax automation. The $ was withdrawn from my bank account but only the amt due shows up on the IRS portal. help resolve.

Charged for what "EXACTLY"?

When it comes to taxes, if you owe the IRS money then Turbotax does not, can not, and will not act as a middleman in that transaction.  If you elected to have the IRS take taxes you owe out of your bank account or credit card, then that information on your tax return was sent to the IRS and only the IRS can take any action with that information.

If the IRS double-dipped your taxes due, you can expect a refund of the overpayment in about 3 months, give or take.

Contact Support via the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

@alexnelsontax 

If you account balance shows a minus sign, that is your credit for having paid twice.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies