turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

salb1964

I want to pay my state tax online but when I originally filed I said I would mail it can I change that so I can pay online?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Lakeisha

I want to pay my state tax online but when I originally filed I said I would mail it can I change that so I can pay online?

Yes, you can change the way you Make your Payment including your Payment method.

You will need to contact your State Department of Revenue to find out where or how to pay your balance due, more information can be found in this FAQ:

In addition to conventional refund checks, a growing number of states offer direct deposit. In some states, like South Carolina, you can even put your refund on a debit card.

Tax payment options also vary by state, and are usually determined by whether you're e-filing or paper-filing.

Your state refund/payment option doesn't have to be the same as your federal return. For example, you can get your federal refund direct-deposited and your state refund via check.

When you get ready to file your state return, we'll let you know what refund or tax payment options are available in your state. You can also contact your state Department of Revenue for information.

• On the other hand, if you’ve already filed your state tax return and elected to pay by traditional check, you may be able to pay online using your state’s direct payment portal (providing they have one and you haven’t mailed the check yet). To find out about your state’s payment options, contact your state Department of Revenue. How-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue
i hope this helps!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies