Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I've stock transactions that I need to import into Federal Form 4797 (not Form 8949 where they normally go). Is there a way to do that in TurboTax?

as a professional Trader, your trading activity must be accounted for separately.

It's not a good idea to have your wife active in that account,

so there's no reason for her name to be on it.

I've stock transactions that I need to import into Federal Form 4797 (not Form 8949 where they normally go). Is there a way to do that in TurboTax?

Hello, 

I just want to check with you, if this is still work for you for your 2021 tax return?

I have 150 pages stock trading transactions, and I filed paper return, but never heard anything back from IRS, it still shows not processed on IRS and couldn't find anything on where is my refund, it made me so nervous now.  I elected MTM on 2020 return. if your way still works, I will do it same way next year. 

thanks

If you filed on paper you're going to wait no matter what.

There is a huge backlog of paper tax returns that the IRS expects to take the rest of this year to resolve.

section4
Returning Member

I have Trader Tax Status with Section 475. I have a loss from 2020, where do I enter it on 2021 tax return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies