jmperuta

I've been trying to file for an extension but I can't figure out how. Every time I try to file for an extension it just reloads the screen I was on already.

NickyL

An IRS extension gives you until October 16 to file, but it doesn't give you until October to pay your taxes. Those are still due by midnight, April 18. We'll help you estimate if you owe taxes or will get a refund (Use our TaxCaster tool: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/taxcaster/)

Below are 5 different ways to file your IRS extension (click or tap here for info about state extensions).

1. Make a payment to the IRS and select Extension or Form 4868 as the payment type.
  2. Search for extend inside your TurboTax program, then click or tap the "Jump to" link.
  3. Sign in at TurboTax.com, then select Easy Extension from the MyTurboTax menu (mobile devices: tap the upper-left corner to access this menu).
  4. Sign in at the Easy Extension website to e-file your extension.
  5. Download and print Form 4868, fill it out, and get it postmarked before midnight April 18. Payment and mailing instructions are on pages 3 and 4 of your printout.

NickyL