Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thejath1
Returning Member

I've already registered my return, but want to downgrade to free. If it mentioned being locked from restarting by registering, I missed it. I won't file if I have to pay.

As stated above, when registering my return at the beginning I was unaware I'd be locked from restarting which is the only way you can downgrade yourself. I have no problem letting this rot here forever and using another service if there's no solution. My return is worth paying $80 for.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
thejath1
Returning Member

I've already registered my return, but want to downgrade to free. If it mentioned being locked from restarting by registering, I missed it. I won't file if I have to pay.

Is not worth paying $80****

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have already registered your return, you will need to manually edit your return instead of starting over. That means you would go into your return and remove the forms that caused TurboTax to upgrade. Please keep in mind that you may be removing some features you need based on your tax situation. This information was provided in the following articles.

How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

Can I downgrade to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?

If you need assistance with this, please contact customer support for help. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Intuit   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies