turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I tried to scan the QR code to upload a tax document, but when I did so it gave me this error: “We’re sorry, we can’t find the page you requested.”

I also tried refreshing the page/QR code and it still didn’t work. I am not sure how to navigate around this issue because I don’t have access to a private scanner to scan my tax document to the TurboTax site, and the QR code on my phone is not working. Yet, there are no other options that they provide to upload my tax document.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I tried to scan the QR code to upload a tax document, but when I did so it gave me this error: “We’re sorry, we can’t find the page you requested.”

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

Do you have a copy of the tax document you trying to upload?

What kind of tax document is it?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi there!

Thank you for your quick response, and I apologize for my delayed response.

I am just trying to upload my W-2 form. I used the QR code scanner on my phone to open the link to use to take a photo of the W-2 to upload it to the website, but it gave me the following message:

“We’re sorry, we can’t find the page you requested.

You may have incorrectly typed the address (URL) or clicked on an outdated link.

You can return to the main page or contact support."

@mira902649 Before you waste more time struggling with technology----why not just key in the W-2 by hand?  That will take about two minutes.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Like I already said, the program does not provide me with any alternative options to upload my W-2. Entering the form manually would be great, except that I don’t see any menu that provides me with that option. If the option to enter the form manually exists in some hidden/secret menu, then can you please help me locate it?

Go to Federal>Wages and Income.>Wages & Salaries  Click on it and you can key in your W-2 by hand.   It really is that easy.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I just logged back into my account and saw that there is the “type it in myself” button at the bottom of the page… Whoops. Hahah. I am not sure if they just recently added that or if I missed it the first time.

@mira902649 Glad you figured it out.  Part of the problem is you are using a phone to prepare a tax return and the screen is so small.   It is truly better to use a device with a bigger screen---I cringe at users preparing tax returns on phones.

No, I’ve been using my computer to file my taxes. I only needed my phone to scan the QR code thing, which I found a workaround for it.

Anyways, have a good day.

jhwedel

I have tried to scan the qr code to add an additional w2 form and it will not read. I checked to make sure my phone was up to date on the version it uses and I've given permission to turbo tax to use the camera. I'm at my wits end. 

@jhwedel Have you tried just keying in the W-2 by hand?    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies