user30182002

I tried filing my taxes and it never got to a part where it let me enter in my w2 info, and now it’s saying I get $0 back and I can’t file it online. I need to restart

SteamTrain

You know you have to enter your W-2...why in the world would you try to file without entering it? If you missed entering something...go back and find it and put it in !

1) If you didn't actually file, then just navigate back to the Wages&Income section and enter your W-2...then re-enter all your other income too....Deductiosn&Credits,...etc etc..

2) Get off any Phone to prepare and file.  You just can't see everything on a phone...not on any narrow screen device.   Your taxes are too important to be attempting to prepare and file on any narrow screen device.

3)  When you get on a full screen computer...using a browser, get into your 2018 tax return and navigate to Wages&Income in the Federal section...then get rid of "Guide Me" by clicking on  "Skip to see all income"   Then find and enter every source of income you have.....

4)………... then run thru all the other sections again too, including the Federal review at the end...then the state section too if you need to file one.

PLEASE!   take your time....a whole 'nother 4 weeks if necessary.  You don't file until everything possible has been entered.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*