turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I tried e-filing for the first time this year and it asked for the AGI from last years return. I plugged it in and it keeps getting rejected by the IRS,AGI no matching?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

I tried e-filing for the first time this year and it asked for the AGI from last years return. I plugged it in and it keeps getting rejected by the IRS,AGI no matching?

We understand you are having an experience with entering your AGI. Please follow the instructions in this link: (AGI Help Article). If this does not resolve your issue, what is the exact message you are getting?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Smitfama

What if you've never filed before (because you didn't work until recently)?  I keep submitting and it keeps saying the primary taxpayers AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.  Nobody claimed me last year, so how can I have this problem?

@Smitfama wrote:

What if you've never filed before (because you didn't work until recently)?  I keep submitting and it keeps saying the primary taxpayers AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.  Nobody claimed me last year, so how can I have this problem?

Since you did not file a 2019 tax return enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies