mireyatercero196

I thought I had put in my child but I am missing one, what can I do to go back and file for him?

Didn't file for a child?

File the child's own tax return or add the child to your tax return as a dependent?

Have you already filed your 2020 tax return?

mireyatercero196

Yes, I already filed.

@mireyatercero196 wrote:

Yes, I already filed.

To add a dependent to an already filed 2020 tax return you will need to amend the tax return.

An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS if the original tax return was not e-filed. The IRS will take up to 16 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on amending a tax return originally completed and filed using the 2020 TurboTax editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-return/01/27439