robbie-vance-198

I think my w2s got thrown in the trash. it'll be the end of feb before i can get another copy. can i use my last check stub to file taxes?

AlanT

It is not a good idea to use your last paystub to file your income tax return.  We can't guarantee your taxes will be accurate if you try to file without your W-2. 

There is important info on your W-2 that may not be on your final pay stub.  

It would be best to wait a couple of weeks to make sure your taxes are completed properly so that you don't have to file an amended return if the information from your W-2 and pay stub does not match.  

AlanT