thedowneys

I started the 2018 return with an incomplete imported version; I need to replace the import with a complete PDF version of 2017 return, how do I do this?

I am almost done with the Federal.  The imported version of the 2017 extension to file is straight from a TurboTax Premier downloaded program; I started my 2018 return with the downloaded version of TurboTax Premier, and the PDF is from a completed file from an accountant (unknown software).  I do NOT want to have to start over again on my return--the differences between the incomplete version and the PDF are minor.  

Sorry you can only transfer from 2017 at the beginning before you start.  You would have to start over in a new return, go up to File-New.

Or you will have to manually enter anything you need from 2017.  But a pdf won't help you anyway.  It only transfers basic info like your name and ssn.  And you can only transfer Pdf from a few programs. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4120237-can-i-transfer-last-year-s-pdf-into-the-2018-turbotax-for-...