Solved: I sell items on eBay where do I file my ebay and Paypal fees. These should come off at 100% correct?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sell items on eBay where do I file my ebay and Paypal fees. These should come off at 100% correct?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 12

I sell items on eBay where do I file my ebay and Paypal fees. These should come off at 100% correct?

This business activity should be reported on Schedule C, which TurboTax Self Employed does support.

You certainly can report these fees on line 10 of the Schedule C - "Commissions and fees" - or you could report them on line 27a - "Other expenses (from line 48", explicitly naming then as "Ebay and PayPal fees".  You do report 100% of your fees.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 9

100% of those expenses will reduce your profit by that much.

The amount of tax owed will only be reduced by a percentage of those expenses.
Level 12

This business activity should be reported on Schedule C, which TurboTax Self Employed does support.

You certainly can report these fees on line 10 of the Schedule C - "Commissions and fees" - or you could report them on line 27a - "Other expenses (from line 48", explicitly naming then as "Ebay and PayPal fees".  You do report 100% of your fees.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings