Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I recieved another w2

1 Reply
New Member

I recieved another w2

If you received an additional W2 after you had already transmitted (e-filed) your return, to correctly make changes to your return you must amend it.

Start amending your return in TurboTax using these  instructions.

We do recommend that if you are expecting a refund, please wait until you have received the refund before completing the amended process. Reason being, it can take up to 16 weeks for the IRS to process and amended return. 

Keep in mind that you cannot e-file the 1040-X Amended Return. All amended returns must be filed by mail. Mailing instructions will be provided by TurboTax once you have completed the amended return.

If you are still in the process of working on your return but need to get back to where you can enter an additional W-2:

  1. Click on "Federal Taxes"
  2. Go to "Wages & Income"
  3. Click on "edit/add" next to your W2
  4. Click on "add another W2"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings