Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received information from another tax service provider that my return should have been significantly higher, is there anything that can be done?

I already filed with TurboTax, but another online tax provider that I have used in the past now says my return should have been significantly higher after putting in all my information. Is there any way to cancel my return or for TurboTax to correct this discrepancy?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I received information from another tax service provider that my return should have been significantly higher, is there anything that can be done?

For  2023?   Has your return been Accepted yet?  If it is rejected you can leave and go somewhere else.  If  your return is Accepted you have to wait until the IRS finish processing it and you get the first refund.  Then you can file an Amended 1040X return. 

But you need to figure out why you should get more.  You would have to compare both returns line by line to see what's different.  The other tax place might be wrong and just trying to get your business.  

You can't cancel once you transmit**.

Your returns won't be different unless you made an error on one or the other.  Since you have already filed, you can print a copy of your tax form from Turbotax.  If you can also print your form from the other service, compare them side by side to see what the differences are.  If you find you did make an error on your Turbotax return, you can amend the return to correct the error and claim any additional refund, but amended returns won't be fileable until March.  

(**If the IRS rejects your return, such as for a social security or birthdate mismatch, it will be returned to you unfiled, and you can make any changes you like before transmitting it again.  But you can't cancel a transmitted return yourself.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies