Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received an email from intuit which is a "Quickbooks Time Code" verification. I have never used Quickbooks so here I am. What gives? What can you tell me?

Without my recently created TT account, I would have no way to contact Intuit to report this since they provide no phone#s or email contacts for this. 

Many years ago I did have a PayCycle(Intuit Payroll) acct but it had nothing to do with quickbooks. That data was supposed to have been purged at my request. That acct had a different email address anyway.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

I received an email from intuit which is a "Quickbooks Time Code" verification. I have never used Quickbooks so here I am. What gives? What can you tell me?

If you have no Quickbooks account to log in to to verify then this is a phishing email scam.  The easiest way to identify those is to check the return email address from which the email was sent.  

Sorry you had to deal with this.

@tnone2024 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Not phishing. The email came from intuit servers. It just contains the subject line "Quickbooks Time Code", some brief body text with a verification code and the line, "If you didn't make this request contact us." That link takes you to one of the Intuit pages without any contact info. All legit but not helpful.

As I said, I DID NOT make that request. Someone stranger made a request to access some Quickbooks acct, but the verification email came to me instead. There are a couple of ways this could have happened, but they point to a problem that should be fixed. You'd think someone at Intuit would want to make it easy to do so. If you have a way to talk or email with the support dept, let me know.

I did speak to Intuit support and they said they would look into it.
I also reported "Community Subscription Update" emails that started arriving as soon as I created a new Intuit acct required by Turbotax desktop. Those emails were associated with an old Intuit account I had created last year but no longer had any way to log into. Why I wasn't seeing subscription updates this whole time is a mystery. Those emails seem to have stopped so maybe support fixed it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies