Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

209dlw
Returning Member

i received a message on where's my refund with 1242 as the code what is that? Also topic 151?

has anyone recieved this also on where my refund first it was saying being processed then it went to saying being reveiwed an these topic 151 an code 1242 has this happen to anyone else when i read it it says it about appeals if u want to or u don't have to an that it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

i received a message on where's my refund with 1242 as the code what is that? Also topic 151?

1242 – Electronic return received more than 3 weeks ago; –E Freeze; in review, notice for additional information will be received.  Should receive a letter from the IRS within 30 days requesting what additional info they need. This is usually related to the EIC. So when you get the notice, make sure you respond to that notice within the timeframe specified in the notice, and follow the instructions in that notice to the *absolute* *letter* *of* *perfection*.

Generally, if you don't respond within the timeframe specified in the notice you receive, then you will not get the EIC (or other credit) they are requesting the supporting documentation for. Also, once the response deadline has passed, that's it. If you haven't reponded by the "drop dead" date, you lose with no recourse.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies