• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laroph46

I received a K-1 from Bermuda(Lazard, LTD) but in K-1 info on turbo tax form it asks for "address and state" and will not accept Bermuda-only US states. How dos I proceed

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Employee Tax Expert

I received a K-1 from Bermuda(Lazard, LTD) but in K-1 info on turbo tax form it asks for "address and state" and will not accept Bermuda-only US states. How dos I proceed

You may use your own address for data entry on Schedule K-1, if you have a foreign address.

The most important item on the K-1 is the EIN and name of the business. The K-1 general information is not filed with your tax return; and the values from K-1 flow to Schedule E and other respective forms.  It is not critical nor problematic to enter other address.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MargaretL
Employee Tax Expert

You may use your own address for data entry on Schedule K-1, if you have a foreign address.

The most important item on the K-1 is the EIN and name of the business. The K-1 general information is not filed with your tax return; and the values from K-1 flow to Schedule E and other respective forms.  It is not critical nor problematic to enter other address.  

rodriguerex
Level 1

I must have been confusing. I live in the US. The partnership has a Bermuda address. Turbotax requires me to enter a US state, so this partnership does not seem to be able to be issued. Any suggestions?
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v