June 4, 2019 9:35 PM
To report income that is not self-employment income on Form 1099-MISC:
- Sign in to TurboTax .
- Search for 1099-misc other income.
- Select the Jump to 1099-misc link in the search results.
- Select Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
- If you need to enter another 1099-MISC, select Add Another 1099-MISC to enter a new one.
- Enter the information from your 1099-MISC.
- If your form has an amount in more than one box, you’ll need to enter them as separate 1099-MISC forms. We’ll help you with that.
- On the Describe the reason for this 1099-MISC screen, enter a reason (i.e. Interest income from XXX) then Continue.
- On the Does one of these uncommon situations apply? screen, select None of these apply then Continue.
- On the Did the XXX involve work that’s like your main job? screen, select No, it didn’t involve work like my main job then Continue.
- On the How often did you get income from XXX? screen, select I got it in 2018 then Continue.
- On the Did the XXX involve an intent to earn money? screen, select No, it didn’t involve an intent to earn money then Continue.
- The amount will appear on Schedule 1, Line 21.
You can view your 1040 form, Schedule 1, Line 21 before you file your return. See How do I preview my TurboTax Online return before filing?