jerrydurbin51

I purchased my copy of T-T at Staples. I do not wish to purchase again. How do I explain this?

I already paid T-T.  I have a 14-digit purchase code.  Where do I enter?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

when you install it on your PC or MAC it will ask for the code.  note that the code is only good for the desktop. version.  

mesquitebean

Did you use Online Premier instead of your desktop product?  They are not interchangeable.  They have different features and price structures.

You can either get a refund for the desktop software and pay for the Online product, or you can download your already started Online return and finish it in the desktop product you purchased.   If you go the refund route, and if Staples won't refund it, we can tell you how to ask TurboTax for the refund.

To download the online *.tax2019 data file to finish and file in your desktop software, open your Online return.  Go to the left menu column and click on Tax Tools, then Tools.   In the Tools window, chose to download the *.tax2019 data file to your computer.

If your *.tax2019 data file has a state return in it, be sure to download the state program into your desktop software before opening the data file, or you'll get an error message.   To download the state program, you can start a new 2019 dummy return in the desktop software just long enough to download the state program.    Once you have the state program installed, then you can open your *.tax2019 data file.