turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I payed Turbo tax $44.99 and It wont allow me to send off my taxes electronically. What do I do?

need to file my taxes now paid and it wont let me file .What gives?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JessicaV

I payed Turbo tax $44.99 and It wont allow me to send off my taxes electronically. What do I do?

Please read the following information: 

If you need assistance with switching from mail to e-file, the following TurboTax FAQ will guide you through how to do so:

If you printed your taxes to mail them in and went all the way through the File section, when you sign in to TurboTax Online, the Way to go! You filed your 2018 taxes you won't see a way to change to e-filing. As long as you haven't already mailed your 2018 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 15, 2019). However, some states now require e-filing, which means the federal and state must be e-filed together.

If you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
  5. Select File in the left-hand menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or go to the hamburger menu in the top left corner).
  6. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
  7. Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
  8. On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
  9. Follow the instructions to e-file your return.

GEN88420
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L0zDlGPhq_US_en_US

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question

If you are wanting to e-file but are not able to, please see below for an explanation of what could be preventing you from e-filing:  

If you can't e-file, just print and mail your return instead.

Although millions of tax returns are successfully e-filed every year, some returns simply can't be e-filed or keep getting rejected even though there's really nothing wrong with them.

For starters, you can't e-file returns that contain overrides, have no taxable income, where the W-2 box 1 is blank or box 16 exceeds box 1, contain IRS forms not on the accepted Forms and Schedules list, and many nonresident and part-year state returns.

Tax returns that contain non-final forms, prior-year returnsamended returns, and the 6th return you try to e-file in the TurboTax software will also be rejected.

Some returns will keep getting bounced back because somebody already claimed a dependent or because of incorrect information at the IRS.

For these types of situations, there's really nothing you can do to "fix" your return so you can e-file it. For this year at least, you'll need to file a paper return instead.

GEN81230
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L7JNihTH3_US_en_US

This is the second year in a row my federal efile through Turbotax has been rejected.  I'm very frustrated.  I've used the same PIN and my AGI is correct. Nothing unusual about my taxes or forms.  

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@Brendalini, In order to best assist you, can you please provide the reason your return was rejected?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies