Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pato1
Returning Member

I paid to upgrade my Turbo Tax from Premier to Business. After launching the .exe file, I'm confronted with screen asking to "repair or reinstall" or "uninstall". Which should I select?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I paid to upgrade my Turbo Tax from Premier to Business. After launching the .exe file, I'm confronted with screen asking to "repair or reinstall" or "uninstall". Which should I select?

Did you upgrade to the Home & Business version or trying to get the separate Turbo Tax Business program?  Turbo Tax Business is a separate program from Home & Business and is not an upgrade from the personal versions.  Home & Business is for personal 1040 returns that need Schedule C for self employment.  And All the Desktop personal programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions. 

You can have a personal version like Premier and the Business program installed at the same time.  

If you have a second License Code for the Home & Business version see if this works.   Under Help - Switch Product - Activate new product. Don't know what that will do or what benefit you will get. Don't think it will allow you to efile more than 5.

pato1
Returning Member

I did receive a new "License Key" with the upgraded version, which is Desktop Home and Business".  I went to the Help screen as suggested and selected "Switch Product".  Once reloading, I'm confronted with the choice, either "Repair or Reinstall" or "Uninstall".  Which should I select?

pato1
Returning Member

When I paid for the upgrade, it provided a new "License Key" with the new program being " Home and Business Tax Year 2023.  So I did as you suggested and clicked on "Help" and selected "Switch Product, Activate Product".  Again, I'm confronted with a choice between "Repair or Reinstall" or "Uninstall".  Which should I select?

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, select Uninstall first. After that is complete, select Reinstall. If you have any issues with the reinstall, refer to this article for troubleshooting. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies