Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kaleigh81208
Returning Member

I paid taxes on unemployment before the bill was passed why dosnt turbo tax say how much I'm getting back

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I paid taxes on unemployment before the bill was passed why dosnt turbo tax say how much I'm getting back

The latest TurboTax - updated - shows your actual tax and refund, if any.

Kaleigh81208
Returning Member

The update shows my actual tax and refund? If any??? So I already received my federal and state after I filed my taxes. So the amount that's showed on my account now is the amount I'll be getting from the unemployment tax break??? Is that correct? AMD is that amount after the irs has taken out any back taxes if I owed any?

subtract your already refund from the amount showing.

That's called a difference.

Kaleigh81208
Returning Member

Thank u. Now is that amount after they have taken out any back taxes or any thing else ? Do u know? 

@Kaleigh81208 You have asked about "back taxes" twice in your posts to this thread.   Do you know that you owe back taxes?   If you do, then that refund for the unemployment can be offset to pay your back taxes.   TurboTax never knows about offsets to your refund.   If the IRS keeps the unemployment refund because you owe back taxes, they will send you a letter.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Kaleigh81208
Returning Member

No I dont know if I owe back taxes, but I think I may have screwed up my taxes because they sent me 3 1040 g. And I think I put it in wrong because a lady I spoke with said that she wasnt sure if they took taxes out of the other 2 1040 g that I put in . So I'm not sure if I owe them anything or if I did it wrong or what lol 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies