jan-rod

I paid quarterly gross receipts taxes on my business income where I put that in my tax return

I paid NM State CRS gross receipts taxes for 2016, where do I put that information in my tax return, or does gross receipts taxes not have anything to do with my NM state taxes.
AndreaC1

You will enter this in the Other Common Business Expense section under Taxes and Licenses for your Schedule C. You can use the steps here below to help you get to where you will enter your business receipts. 

1. Use these steps if you have already entered your business information:

• Log into your return and click orange Take me to my return button
  • Type schedule c in the Search box in top right and click jump to schedule c 
  • You should be on the Here's the business info we have so far page (if you already entered the business information)
  • Click Edit next to your listed business and scroll down to Business Expenses section
  • Click Start/Update next to Other Common Business Expenses 
  • And then select Start/Update next to the Taxes and Licenses section there
  • You will enter the description and amounts here

Another option: Go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "schedule c", then click the topic in the list and follow steps above

2. Use these steps if you have not entered any business information at all:

• This will take you to the Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2016? screen and you will answer Yes 
  • Go through and input your business information and you should go through about 11 screens and then see the Your Business page
  • On the Your Business page, scroll down to Business Expenses and click Start next to Other Common Business Expenses
  • Then scroll down and click Start next to Taxes and Licenses and enter your information here