tj4tennis

I owned stocks and got dividends, so, I received 1099-DIV. But TurboTax's CheckThisEntry is asking me to enter amount from 1099-OID that I don't have. What do i do?

TomYoung

It sounds to me like you might have stumbled into the 1099-OID interview by mistake and got something entered there.  Go back to that interview and delete the errant item.
tj4tennis

Thanks for the answer.  You were right. The auto-uploading function on TurboTax pulled that OID form from one of my banks.  To me, that form should not even have been made available on my account at the bank to begin with.
Leonard

To enter your 1099-DIV information in TurboTax Deluxe follow these steps:

With TurboTax, open enter 1099 div in the find box then click on Jump to 1099 div in the results box.  Follow the program prompts to enter your 1099-DIV information.  This will bypass the 1099-OID that TurboTax is asking you about.