Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I owe money to IRS, I filed extension yesterday using turbo tax. But the money has not been deducted yet.

Do I need to go to IRS website separately to make the payment? Turbotax asked me for routing number and account number and the tool says, my extension has been accepted.
I am worried that not if I make another payment using IRS, it would result in double payment.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I owe money to IRS, I filed extension yesterday using turbo tax. But the money has not been deducted yet.

Follow the steps listed in this FAQ to verify your payment information with the extension.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same, submitted my extension with the bank routing info this weekend and have yet to see the money pulled (as of April 16th). Usually, IRS pulls the money right away so surprised it’s not gone yet.

I’ll just watch til the end of the week to see if the payment goes through.

I did the extension via TurboTax Online Extension but use TT desktop so not sure if it links to show the payment on desktop — maybe since both require my log-in. 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Take a look at the following TurboTax help article to learn more about IRS payments:

When will my tax payment go through?

@Penguintax 

How can I verify which payment details I used for filing extension using turbotax? The money has still not been deducted and I want to make sure I gave the right bank account details. I called Turbotax customer care yesterday but no use, they have no idea where i can check the payment routing info and account info that I used to file extension. The turbo tax portal is also not showing that info and just saying extension accepted.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

If you can get back into your extension, you may be able to see it.  

It does appear, based on other comments and a search, as though the IRS had an outage of some sort for a short period of time yesterday.  If so, this could be the reason you are not seeing a pending transaction from your payment.  I would give it another day or 2 to verify that the payment went through.

You can also contact the IRS at 888-853-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies