I need to resubmit my Massachusetts state taxes for 2021. How do I do this?

I thought they were submitted but I received a letter from the state saying they never received them

Does the state say you did not file your 2021 return----or does it say you did not PAY your tax due?    If they are saying that you owed and did not pay, your only proof that you paid is your own bank or credit card record.  E-filing is closed for 2021 returns, so the only way to file is by mail.   If you still need to file your 2021 state return, you will need to print it, sign and date it in ink, and mail it to the state.   If you owe state tax due, pay by check or money order, or pay on the state's tax website.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing